Nylon Threaded Rod – Performance of the Highest Order
Nylon threaded rods are widely replacing its metal counterpart for obvious reasons. It’s lightweight, sturdy, non-corrosive, and affordable. Major-IPC produces nylon 6/6 threaded rods, nylon 4/40 threaded rods and nylon 6/32 threaded rods engineered for quick and long-lasting assembly.
Nylon 6/6 has several desirable attributes such as:
- It is one of the highest grades of engineering thermoplastics.
- It has a higher melting point as compared with several other types of plastics.
- Nylon 6/6 has high tensile strength and can bear several hundred kilograms of weight.
- Demonstrates resistance to flammability, sparking, and chemicals.
- It can be machined easily.
The nylon varieties of threaded rods are best suited for corrosive or light weight applications as a replacement for metal threaded rods. Care should be taken to fasten nylon threaded rods using nylon bolts, and not metal rods.
The nylon threaded rod does not rust like a metal rod eventually would. And, it is much lighter in weight that a metal rod. This aspect is of special importance in the marine, automobile and construction industries where low-weight components are critical.
Nylon Threaded Rods in Various Sizes and Materials
We offer the following sizes of nylon threaded rod, these sizes can also be made in the plastic of your choice such as Delrin, PVC, polycarbonate, Teflon, and so on. We also offer metric sizes. Speak with a Major-IPC representative for a quick quote .
|Nylon Threaded Rod||4-40|
Key Features of Threaded Nylon Rod
- It is light weight, strong, and non-conductive, making it suitable for heavy duty applications in the construction, aerospace, military, marine, and mechanical sector.
- The FDA approved varieties are suitable for use in the food and beverage industry because they are inert, non-corroding, and non-toxic.
- Threaded nylon rod can be easily cut to the desired length in a matter of seconds by a single person.
- It is significantly more cost-effective and long-lasting as compared with a metal threaded fastening rod.
Need more information? Call us on 845-292-2200 or email us at email@example.com